Steve Weinberg: Panelist for the National Book Critics Circle Awards and a member of the board of directors.
- It’s excellent. The author’s intelligence is obvious. The dialogue is totally believable, sounding right to the ear and the mind. The story exhibits a strong sense of place, sympathetic characters, well-wrought flashbacks. As a published reviewer of novels, I like this one a lot.
Hilary Beard: Author of Friends: A Love Story (featured on Oprah), Venus and Serena: Serving From The Hip (featured on Oprah), Success Never Smelled So Sweet (profiled in O magazine).
- From the first sentence of the prologue, I was captivated by this story. Each sentence has been shaped and chiseled with craftsmanlike care and precision. I could feel the colors, see the sounds, hear the fragrances as I was transported around the globe and into the protagonist's soul.
Karen E. Quinones Miller: Four-time Blackboard and Essence magazine best-selling novelist of Satin Doll, I’m Telling, Using What You Got, Uptown Dreams, Ida B.
- His truly wonderfully written manuscript, “A Thin Place,” is a moving story about a young man of East Indian descent who tries to come to grips with his father’s death by walking the “Camino de Santiago,” an ancient pilgrimage in Spain. I suspect it will be snatched up quickly. His writing, as well as his story, is simply exquisite.
Leslie Esdale (aka L.A. Banks): Author of Scarface Vol 1 and the Vampire Huntress series.
- It takes you through a compelling journey that is more than a mere travel log--it is a profound excursion of the soul. For all who have loved and lost, then tried to figure out the meaning of life... wandering and gathering bits of oneself back to wholeness, this is a must read.
- This work will have vast appeal to not only young people beginning their life path, but also those who are in the forty-plus and above range that have wondered "why am I doing what I do?"
Michelene Esposito: Author of Night Diving.
- I love this novel. The sense of place is so engaging. The dialogue is strong throughout and I really enjoyed the different characters.